CALL FOR PAPERS
In consultation with the FabLearn Europe / MakeEd advisory board we have decided not to hold the conference in London this year due to the unprecedented global pandemic, and the safety of everybody concerned. To compensate for this missed opportunity, we invite submissions for a special issue on Computing, Design and Making in Education in the International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction (see https://bit.ly/3cnMsYL).
Submissions must present original work in the realm of computing, design, and making or digital fabrication in educational settings. Submissions must cite relevant published work, indicate novel approaches, and stress the importance of the submission to these hands-on learning communities. Topics related to COMPUTING, DESIGN and MAKING in EDUCATION include but are not limited to:
- Case studies, best practices and evaluations
- Innovative approaches, methods and ideas
- Emerging technologies and tools
- Theoretical perspectives and concerns
Submissions must be between 4000 and 8000 words with the normal length being around 5500 words excluding references. Please carefully follow the author guidelines at https://bit.ly/2wOD1m9 while preparing your manuscript.
Manuscripts for this special issue should be submitted at www.editorialmanager.com/ijcci.
- System open: May 1, 2020
- Submissions due: June 15, 2020
- First decision: August 15, 2020
- Revised manuscripts due: September 15, 2020
- Expected publication: Last quarter of 2020
- Maarten Van Mechelen, PhD (Aarhus University)
- Sofia Papavlasopoulou, PhD (NTNU)
- Leena Ventä-Olkkonen, PhD (University of Oulu)
About FabLearn Europe / MakeEd 2020
FabLearn Europe / MakeEd 2020 – an international conference on Computing, Design and Making in Education – is a sister conference to the global FabLearn conference that has been held over the past years at Stanford University, USA. MakeEd is the academic part of FabLearn Europe. FabLearn Europe is associated with the global FabLearn initiative, and builds on the strong and dedicated community that has developed around the event over the past six years.
Past FabLearn Europe Events
- First FabLearn Europe was in 2014
Organised by Research Centre for Participatory IT at Aarhus University
- Second FabLearn Europe was in 2016
Organised by Child Computer Interaction (ChiCI) Group
- Third FabLearn Europe was in 2018
Organised by Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and Aarhus University
- Fourth FabLearn Europe was in 2019
Organised by INTERACT Research Unit in University of Oulu
- Fifth FabLearn Europe in 2020
Planned to be organised by Creative Computing Institute in University of the Arts London but was cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic