Those who want to visit local makerspaces can do so in groups Monday before noon.
Choose one group to join: Groups A and B meet at Sydhavn St. 8.25. Group C meets at the bus stop
Group A: “Byens Hus” (The house of town) in Gentofte munifipality.
In Byens Hus (The House of the city) you will find a makerspace among many other rooms. The house is open during school hours for classes (age 13 to 15) in the municipality.The purpose of the house is that students can learn to navigate in a digital future, engage in innovative processes and work in experimental, design-thinking and creative approaches with real life problems.
During the visit you will learn more about the thoughts on why Byens Hus has been established and join activities where students are working in makerspace.You can learn more here (only in Danish) https://udskolingenibyenshus.aula.dk/
- Going there: LINE A (blue) towards Hillerød st. leaves from Sydhavn Station at 8.37, arrives at destination 9.00 – a short walk from Hellerup St.to Hellerupvej 22-26, 2900 Hellerup. (https://goo.gl/maps/TTwM8f59CWq3kBSx5)
- Return to conference: LINE A (blue) towards Hundige from Hellerup Station at 11:25, (https://goo.gl/maps/aWrvBLrbo5kLm35w8), get off at Sydhavn Station and walk to A.C. Meyers Vænge 15.
Group B: Egholmskolen in Vallensbæk
Egholmskolen is situated in Vallensbæk kommune and is a public school with 920 pupils from preschool till 9th grade. All students have their own device: iPads 0th-3rd grade and PC’s 4th to 9th grade with Office 365. All teachers and children have access to a wide selection of digital book systems to complement their analog schoolbooks. They also have access to Skoletube, which is a Danish online service with a selection of digital production tools for presentation, collaboration, picture, movie and sound editing. Like the other two public schools in the municipality it has a Makerspace with 3D printers, Laser cutter, vinyl cutters, as well as a selection of robots and electronics.
During the visit you will get to see, and perhaps participate in, a Makersession with the local Makerpilot, and you will get a presentation of current projects and efforts to integrate Maker technologies in the teaching in schools in Vallensbæk kommune.
- Going there: LINE A (blue) towards Hundige from Hellerup Station at 8.31, https://goo.gl/maps/ajGHxqEgmdf3WBECA, get off at Vallensbæk St. and walk to Egholmvej 19, 2665 Vallensbæk Strand.
- Return to conference: LINE A (blue) towards Hillerød St. leaves from Vallensbæk St. at 11.41, https://goo.gl/maps/EJ7cPMLPFTnqgqtM7, get off at Sydhavn Station and walk to A.C. Meyers Vænge 15.
Group C: Future Classroom Lab at University College Copenhagen (KP)
Future Classroom Lab (FCL) is situated at University College Copenhagen and is a part of the European Schoolnet. In Future Classroom Lab the goal is to explore how technology can challenge the pedagogical praxis in schools and help develop new teaching and learning environments. FCL calls itself an experimental learning laboratory, because together with students, pupils, teachers, pedagogues and school administration they explore how schools can develop new and creative ways to learn and teach for the future.
During the visit you will learn about FCLs in-service teacher training in technological comprehension by participating in a workshop with hands-on activities.
- Going there: Meet at the bus stop Sydhavn st/Enghavevej (https://goo.gl/maps/ChYMP8UYieJJyQiF6) take bus 9A at 8.46 towards Glostrup St. take two stops and get off at Carlsberg St. (Vesterfælledvej) https://goo.gl/maps/L8daKwnBJdAzwrUB6. Walk to Future Classroom Lab DK Humletorvet 3, 1799 København
- Return to conference: Get on at the bus stop Carlsberg St. (Vesterfælledvej) take bus 9A towards Kgs. Lyngby Valbyparken at 11.48. Get off at Sydhavns Plads (Borgbjergsvej) https://goo.gl/maps/D7LFcDDWjcGVoQAY7 and walk to A.C. Meyers Vænge 15.